Monday, May 13, 2024

Best Metal Songs of 2024 (Part 2)

 Picking up where I left off but that doesn't mean the quality of music is lesser.  The first post I wanted to get a sampling of different genres and again this time I'll post some songs that made my "best of 2024" so far. 


Sick Century - End Times (Ion Disguise Music)

They compare themselves to Disturbed, FFDP & Breaking Benjamin.  99% when bands make that comparison they fail to deliver. Sick Century are the 1% that live up to the hype. 





Ivory Tower - 60 Seconds (Massacre)

I admittedly haven't really enjoyed Ivory Tower past music. I found it bland and cookie cutter Power Metal but something with them really clicked on the first two tracks they released as singles. 





Etwas - Bloodmoon Invocation (Independent). 

This one totally caught me off guard, starts out like a black metal song then the female vocals kick in.  Really interesting song from a French band that labels themselves as Symphonic Occult Metal. 




Bodyfarm - Retaliate (Edge Circle Productions)

I don't admittedly listen to a lot of death metal but sometimes something comes along that stands out from the crowd.  Bodyfarm from the Netherlands fit that bill quite nicely.  Technical, brutal and yet palatable.  




Crossbone Skully - I'm Breakable (Better Noise Music) 

I really want to like these guys, they've got an AC/DC meets Def Leppard vibe going on.  I'm not sold on some of the other music I've heard but this is a good place to start. 












No comments:

Post a Comment